Measures & information against the spread of coronavirus
Austria is regarded as a safe travel country with good safety standards. To ensure that this remains so, the government has drawn up guidelines for guests and businesses.
Here we show you at a glance what is important for your holiday in Carinthia and how you can protect yourself and others.
We are pleased to help you!
Is a trip to Klagenfurt am Wörthersee possible?
Entry into Carinthia or Austria is possible from the following 30 European countries without a Covid-19 test or quarantine (status 14.07.2020): Andorra, Ireland, Malta, Slovenia, Belgium, Iceland, Monaco, Spain, Denmark, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany, Croatia, Norway, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Vatican, Finland, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Cyprus, France, Lithuania, Switzerland, Greece, Luxembourg and Slovakia. The prerequisite is that the travellers have not stayed in any country other than those mentioned above during the previous 14 days.
Information can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.bmeia.gv.at
How do I get to Klagenfurt am Wörthersee?
General guidelines for holidaymakers
• ALWAYS keep at least 1 meter distance from other people. Persons from the common household or fellow travellers from the common accommodation unit are excluded from this.
• Wearing a mouth and nose protector is recommended in the event of crowds of people.
• If possible reserve/book in advance. Reduce congestion at reception and in the restaurant.
• If possible: contactless payment. Pay bill with card.
• Follow the instructions of the staff.
• Do not hug or shake hands.
• Wash hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
• Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
• Sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm or a handkerchief.
• Do not travel if there are signs of illness. If there are any signs during your stay, contact your host.
Masks must be worn
• Food retail like supermarkets & petrol station shops
• Public transport & Taxis
• Events in closed rooms (except for own seat)
• Cable cars, coaches & excursion boats
• Services when 1-meter distance is impossible
• Bank & Post offices
• Nursing homes, hospitals & health resorts
• Doctor & Pharmacies
Duty to protect the mouth and nose at Klagenfurt markets
The provincial capital of Klagenfurt strengthens the protective measures against the corona virus and issues a decree making it compulsory to wear a mouth and nose protector at Klagenfurt weekly and flea markets.
Mouth and nose protection becomes mandatory again in Klagenfurt. The new regulation covers those markets that are particularly busy.
• Weekly market on Benediktiner Platz
• Organic market at Benediktiner Platz
• Weekly market Waidmannsdorf
• Weekly market Viktring
• Flea market Metro parking lot
• Flea market Obi parking lot, Völkermarkter Straße
The only exception to the mask requirement are market stalls at the Benedictine market where food and drinks are served. These are located in the North Hall including seating gardens, as well as in the East, West and South Market Buildings, also including seating gardens.
If you feel sick...
- Stay at home / in your hotel room / in your accommodation
- Inform your host / hostess (with safety distance)
- Call the free health hotline at 1450. (available 24/7)