If you come to Klagenfurt by car, please comply with the regulations on short stay parking zones. There are around 3.800 parking spaces within and along the ring road. Please pay close attention to the signs on the spot.
Short-term parking zone
- There is only one paid parking zone.
- There is only one tariff, 90 cents for 30 minutes’ parking.
- The paid parking period is from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm, and on Saturday between 8am and 12 midday. There are no parking charges payable on Sundays and public holidays.
- 15 minutes’ free parking applies to everyone who notes their arrival time to the exact minute and leaves the parking space again within this time. NB: Place the date and your arrival time visibly behind your windscreen.
On certain streets on the edge of the paid short term parking zone, there are streets marked with traffic signs and green markings on the ground where you can park for longer. You can park here all day for € 7:
Park & Ride
If you are looking for a longer parking option or need a parking place every day, there are Park & Ride Parkplätze in Klagenfurt. You can acquire a daily ticket or also a monthly ticket. For a monthly ticket you require a personalised STW Customer Card. You can obtain this from the customer service at STW, Heiligengeistplatz 12, 9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee.
- Car park: Fernheizkraftwerk / Kraßniggstraße
- Car park: Siriusstraße
- Car park: Schlachthofstraße
- Park & Ride: Parkplatz West, opposite Minimundus
For detailed information about coach parks and the entry and exit points, please click on the file shown below. It is generally not possible to reserve the parking spaces.
Camping in the city centre
The City of Klagenfurt offers 4 publicly accessible parking spaces for caravans and motorhomes at the Exhibition Grounds car park in St. Ruprechter Straße. Here you can temporarily spend the night in your vehicle.
The parking spaces are equipped with supply and disposal stations for fresh and waste water and with 16-amp power connections. Arrival and departure can be at any time, including at night. There is no Reception, so no check-in and check-out are necessary.